Brain and mind are one functional system:
- Brain = the mass of nerve tissue in the skull. It integrates sensory information and directs motor responses. It is your center for learning and thinking.
- Mind = your mental processes, thoughts, and consciousness. It is the sum total of our thoughts, emotions, behavior, and intelligence.
- The brain is an organ, but the mind isn’t. The brain is the physical place where the mind resides. There is a constant interplay between brain and mind. What happens in the brain will impact the mind and vice versa. The brain and mind are one functional system and can’t be seen as two separate entities.
- The construct of neuro-agility therefore, is the integrated functioning of the physical brain regions with the mental faculties of the mind.
Potential is an indication of who you can be:
- Your potential is the sum total of the brain-based (neurophysiological) elements you have a predisposition for, that influence how you think, learn, communicate and process information. It is referred to as your neuro-design. Your neuro-design is the blueprint for how you are uniquely talented and the predispositions you have.
- We all think, learn and solve problems, but in different ways, based on our unique neurological design.