- To speed-up the mine’s growth and performance goals by identifying high potentials, optimizing their performance and “fast-tracking” them to managerial level
- Explore the relationship between high performing candidate’s neurological design and their potential.
- Determine key competencies associated with top performance from which selection criteria can be generated.
- Understand the relationship between NAP™ and leadership competencies and enhance the training and coaching of high potentials in the organization.
- To develop a training and development program with a strong scientific basis as well as a measurable implementation and evaluation process.
- A Neuro Agility Profile™ Advanced+ brain profile assessment was compiled of all Fast Track candidates to identify their potential and optimize their brain performance and flexibility. This assessment also has a section that measures the persons neurodesign that is an indication of the person’s unique learning potential which serves as a good point of departure to start identifying and developing talent.
- Subsequently, a 12 Emotional Intelligence Competencies Profile™ was compiled of all Fast Track candidates to determine their emotional intelligence competencies. The World Economic Forum rates 5 of the 10 most desired skills for the workplace are emotional intelligence skills. Studies prove that Emotional intelligence (EI) is the skill set that will have the single biggest impact on improving your performance.The purpose of this assessment is that it indicates the level of competence with regards to 12 emotional intelligence skills of primary importance. It also serves as a plan of action to improve performance.
- All Fast Track candidates underwent Neuro-Link’s emotional intelligence development program called the High Achiever, consisting of 9 modules of brain-based intrapersonal and interpersonal competencies. A neuroscience approach was followed by using the NAP™ Advanced+ brain profile assessment as the point of departure for developing each of the 12 emotional intelligence skills of primary importance. One module per month was presented to Fast Track participants over a period of 9 months
- Impact of the program was rated as 86% by the Kirkmax assessment, which means that a highly commendable performance was achieved.
- An Organizational Climate Assessment was done after Neuro-Link’s High Achiever Program. The OCA indicates whether a learning intervention impacts company bottom line and is worth implementing. A minimum result of 3.1% improvement result was required to prove sufficient return on investment for the company. An 8% result (almost 3x the expected result) was achieved.
- 87% of participants were promoted to a supervisory or managerial position within 9 months of completing the Program.
- Noticeable behaviour changes in positive attitudes and company culture was observed.
- Post-assessment evaluated overall brain fitness and emotional intelligence competencies. Course participants’ brain fitness levels improved 20%, intrapersonal competencies improved 15% and interpersonal competencies improved 18%.
- The OCA assessment used by the mine to determine ROI proved the mine received an almost 3 times better return on their investment.
- 87% of high potentials were promoted within 9 months of completing the program
- 99% of respondents rated neuro-agility and EI skill-sets as essential skills that will help them in transitioning to a higher level of performance.
- The findings from this pilot study were highly predictive, i.e:
• Neuro-agility and emotional intelligence sub scales predicted high performance 97% of the time.
These include: self-awareness, learning agility, stress tolerance, interpersonal communication and empathy. This organization now uses Neuro-Links High Achiever approach as a predictive model for the selection of new personnel, performance improvement, talent development and leadership development.
- People’s neurological design is a fundamental point of departure for establishing their potential.
- Any initiative to improve agility, whether we are talking about learning ability, leadership agility, emotional agility or organizational agility has to start with improving neuro-agility.
- Neuro-agility is one of the key competencies associated with high performing individuals.
- Using the NAP™ as the point of departure for selecting and developing high potentials generates:
• Large reductions in costs
• Decreased attrition rates
• Increased workplace engagement and productivity
• Reduction in human error
• Better performing leaders